Things My Friends Have Done
- The lovely bottle_of_smoke has written a heartwarming and thoroughly accurate portrait of her love for Sir David Attenborough for the 100 Blog Things challenge; I shouted “me too” all the way through reading it.
- The same lovely friend (who is a virologist) has written about why syphilis is fascinating. Have a read, she’s very clear and charming on the subject, and syphilis, it turns out, really is an interesting disease. If you’re into diseases, which I am.
Things I Have Done
Edit, mostly. I think I might need to remove this section from future links posts since it’s never anything terribly impressive.
Things Strangers Have Done
- Will Self rambled on and on and on about obscure words and what sounds like the endorsement of censorship because it drives people to me more creative. Needless to say, I don’t agree with him.
- The Jacobin Mag takes a stance against chairs, of all things…
- An interesting theory of storytelling (in game design) is mooted: story events are expenses against credibility as defined by the world-building.
- Health At Every Size provides helpful pointers in how to remain a critical thinker about health.
- A self-professed fan of Damien Hirst has some harsh words about his latest exhibition.
- 9GAG shows you how to make headphones that are less shitty than Beats. As the cheerful possessor of some much better-quality, cheaper studio-tracking headphones (AKG K271 MKIIs, although there’s little enough between them and AKG K272s) I support this. For both professional and domestic applications, there are better and cheaper headphones.