This will be short, as I have been out of the country for half of this month.
Things my friends have done
- The lovely Lizzie Borden has recorded another cover, this time of Frank Turner’s “Photosynthesis“.
Things strangers have done
- Cleolinda Jones has written Movies In 15 Minutes: The Avengers.
- Examined the link between occultism and electronic music in a non-Chi9ck Tracts kind of way.
- Written a charming piece on how the history and geography of London need to be “read” together for the city to make sense.
- Determined five psychological traits in humans that really get in the way of writing, and how to work around them.
- The renowned neurologist Oliver Sacks has written a very moving case study of the man with the most severe amnesia (anteriograde and retrograde) ever recorded. I find this especially fascinating as it determines which activities are assigned to which types of memory, and illustrates in a more scientific manner just how important emotions are to the function of the “non emotional” mind.