Things I’ve done
- Written a post for Bad Reputation about female desire and pop music.
Things my friends have done
- Talent fountain and illustrator Kassie has at long last made it possible for people to commission her. Examples of her work can be found at the link.
Things strangers have done
- Created a beautiful map of the London Underground out of printed circuit board, and made a functioning radio with it.
- Used the rings of a tree to map a piano sound, and produced beautiful, chaotic music.
- Called for submissions of short fiction to a rollerderby themed anthology.
- Compiled a list of poetry publications who – unfortunately still a rarity – accept digital submissions. It is a particular bugbear of mine that poetry magazines, behind every other type of publication, refuse to accept poems via email or web form, especially as unlike longer submissions it is entirely possible to to attach a poem to an email without capsizing even the most stingy of email inboxes.
- Compiled a handy ten-point list of ways not to write about comics.
- Created a gorgeous collection of ominous clothing eerily reminiscent of the costume designs for the baddies in Lord of the Rings.
- Written a not uncontroversial article about preventative therapy for paedophiles and hebephiles.
- Weighed in on the subject of taboos in comedy.